EducationThe Siouxland community is nationally recognized for its commitment to excellence at all levels. Siouxland residents - whatever their age or academic level - enjoy an impressive array of options for primary, secondary, post-secondary, and continuing education.
The tri-state Siouxland community offers a strong academic program of studies with varied exploratories and co-curricular courses. Siouxland students rank at or above state and national averages on standardized tests. Programs geared to individual needs help all students achieve to the best of their abilities. As advocates for children the Siouxland community is dedicated to develop in every child the capacity to be a capable and productive citizen who exceeds all expectations held for him/her by others.
Local control is a vital importance to the success of education. The following goals are instrumental in attaining that goal.
- Student-centered schools that increase academic success for all students.
- Integrate technology into the daily instructional process and operation.
- Streamline school-based and community operations to ensure efficient use of resources.
- A comprehensive student assessment and evaluation program that reports to parents and the Siouxland community at large student academic achievement and accomplishments.
- Continue the activities that have built community and business partnerships in support of educational goals.